What to do when you are in a midst of horrible cards. And you just finished multitabling 7 tables online and now you are playing 1 table live. It is not an adjustment many poker players can make, unfortunately many players do make the move from online to live and vice versa. The fact is when you play online poker for a while then switch to live games, you have to put on the brakes a bit. I remember years ago the first poker tournament I ever played live worth over $100 buyin, the owner of a well respected poker site told me “you have to bring your 12 hour game, not your 6 hour game”. He was referring to me playing online poker tournaments only before and doing quite well in them. I had to rebuy in this live tournament because I played way too fast. I think there are major differences between live and online poker. Let’s look at some of the differences.
– Live poker is much slower, so your patience must be better. An player could literally play 10 tables at once if they really wanted to.
– Online poker tells are limited to time patterns, betting patterns, hand selection, etc. Live poker adds the element to read your opponent and his tells บาคาร่า. On the flip side of this equation, if you don’t read opponents well than this element of live poker becomes a disadvantage for you – but only until you learn to read your opponents better than they read you.
– Online poker allows you to wear what you want, yell, scream, swear, and eat sloppy at the poker table, all in the comfort of your own home. Their are distractions, however, while playing at home that simply aren’t present at the poker room in the casino.
– Playing online poker, you do not have to worry about messing up. Nobody can laugh at you because they can’t see you. If you don’t know how to play with your chips or push them in on an all in it doesn’t matter because you can just press the all-in button while playing online poker. In live poker, using chip tricks can be an effective way of scaring off your poker opponents.
– While playing live poker, you can cashout your winnings immediately. This is available on some online poker rooms too, but on some online poker sites, you are required to wait a certain amount of hours after first deposit or limited to a certain number of cashouts in a week.
The complete poker player of the future will be able to successfully break online and live games and consistently win in them. Poker tournaments and live games are increasing dramatically in size and it doesn’t look like they are going to stop. Harness your game online and show off your game on t.v. That’ll be the poker pro of the 21st century.
There are certainly differences between face to face poker and online play. And if your poker game relies on the advantages that can only be found in a casino or home game setting, online play might not be for you. But, if you can hold your own at an internet card room, you’ll find that now is a very good time to be playing poker online.
With the number of poker rooms growing almost daily, there is a lot of competition for players. And the number one weapon in that competition is money. Players can find the online poker rooms giving away free money in a variety of ways.
The first, and most obvious is in the No Deposit Bonus. This is free money that an online poker rooms give new players to use at their tables. The players do not need to make any deposits into an account to receive the bonus. It is a great way for players who want to test out the waters of internet poker to get their feet wet. You can spend time at the real money tables, on the house.
The second way to receive extra money from the poker rooms online is through a deposit bonus. These are commonly offered to both new players in the form of a welcome bonus, and to players that have played at the room before via reload bonuses. A percentage of a player’s deposit is matched by the poker room with bonus money. As a player spends time at the poker tables, that bonus money is converted into cash that can be withdrawn.
The amount of bonus money you can collect, and how fast it turns into cash vary greatly from room to room. But, there is enough bonus money out there that you can spend every hand you play in a ring game working off a bonus.
With experienced players playing two, three or more tables at a time online, they can really clear bonuses quickly. This can add a nice amount of money to a player’s bankroll, compliments of the online poker rooms.